Tuesday, October 2, 2018

When an Angel Stands Guard

My story begins at about 7:30 Sabbath morning when I went to let my chickens out into their yard. I threw food out for them like I always do and then went back inside. I proceeded to get ready for Church. About 3 - 4 hours later as I walked into my bedroom to change clothes - I glanced out my bedroom window. What I saw scared me. The gate into the chicken yard was wide open!!! I ran to the dining room to grab my shoes at the same time, letting my husband know what was going on. If the gate had been open for 3 -4 hours chances were that our chickens would be out in the rest of our yard and we have an pretty big back yard, I would certainly be needing my husband help and I wanted him to be prepared to help me.

Before heading out the back door - I grabbed a scoop of bird seed to spread for our my chickens to lure them back to their yard. I ran out to the chicken yard and I shut the gate behind me. I tossed out the bird seed and proceeded to count my chickens. To my surprise not one chicken had gotten out. I know an angel had to of stood guard at that gate because this gate is big enough for a riding lawn mower to get through- plenty of room for the chickens to get curious and leave their yard.

Had the chickens gotten out what a job it would have been to get them gathered up and back into their yard.  I was so thankful that God cares about even the small details of our lives. Even without me asking, He kept watch on my chickens and for 3- 4 hours an angel stood guard at the gate, at lease that is what I think happened.   

2 comments:

  1. He DOES care about even the little things in our lives! And delights in showing us His love for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe they were being watched over :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision