Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Looking For Answers

Several times as an adult I have lost a decent amount of weight. I would be doing really well for a time - usually a year and then something seemed to happen and off the wagon I would go. I had so wondered why? What Could I do to get back on the wagon?

Each time I lost weight I would go through a period of time that I would be doing just fine with losing weight. I would feel calm about food and I could make better choices of what to eat and what to pass on. I enjoyed these times. It really was a better way to live.

During these times I would feel better. Just healthier altogether. I would even sleep better. I really liked these time periods. I would feel better about myself in general.

There are other benefits of losing weight and feeling better and that is fitting into my clothes better. Or maybe being able to wear a smaller size. It was wonderful.

These things were awesome but something would happen and I just couldn't understand. I would begin to feel myself falling off the wagon, but I didn't know how to stop myself. And once off it took a long time to get back on.

In July of 2016 I decided I needed to lose weight and I needed to get serious. And I was able to lose weight that first year. I lost about 30 something pounds. It was slow weight loss but it was weight lose and I enjoyed all of the positives that went along with the weight loss. But I came face to face with several brutal realities and it began to be a challenge. I was doing what I could to lose weight but wasn't. I continued to exercise and walk and do the best I could. I was determined not to give up. During this year or so of time I ended up gaining about 10 -12 pounds. I was very disappointed in myself - but still mostly proud of myself because every other time that I had lost weight in the past I had lost the weight, fall off the wagon and then end up gaining the weight back- usually every bit of it. That was so disappointing. So at least this time I had kept most of the weight off that I had lost and I was determined to stick with going for my goal. During this time period I felt like God pointed out that "He had given me the victory!" Not was going to - he had given me the victory. God doesn't lie - His promises are true so I held onto His promise.

I struggled through disappointment for not reaching my goal as soon as I wanted to and I continued to look for the answers to my questions of What would cause me to fall off the wagon and how could I get back on? God was faithful and the answers were on their way - I just had to follow His leading. And thankfully I did because my question was answered - be sure to come back tomorrow as I share the answer that I received! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)