Thursday, October 11, 2018

My Best Deal ...series "Candles"


So any of you remember Home Interiors? It was a company that ran kind of like Tupperware and Pampered Chef. Anyway years ago - probably about 20 years ago - I went to a few of the Home Interior Parties and I had a few of the Home Interior Parties as well. One of the things that I discovered from Home Interior is that they made some of the best candles around- at least better than any candles I had seen and I bought some. Twelve votive candles came in a box.

These are the candles I have left. I use them sparingly. I guess because I knew once they were gone - that would be it. You can find some on Ebay and probably other places but by the time you pay for them - you are paying quite a bit.

As I was perusing a local Goodwill - I noticed this box: 

Something drew me to the box. I opened it up and smelled the candles and found a delightful scent that signaled the chance that there were good quality candles. I was kind of thinking that maybe Home Interiors had changed names and that maybe this was that company.

I have since done some research and discovered that Home Interiors did change names and is now called Celebrating Home.

Anyway back to my best deal post - so I looked up these candles and discovered that brand new these candles run $9.00 a box. Plus I am sure you would have to pay shipping as well. Anyway with just taking the 9.00 a box in to account - it make each candle run $1.50.

I paid $2.49 for the box bringing the cost of each candle down to about $.42 a piece! That is a much better deal. Plus they will smell good! I am so thankful when I am able to find something like this - something that is important to have around - in case of emergency and will smell good as well - without having to pay the high prices for them! :O)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories