Friday, October 5, 2018

An Unexpected Resource



I have learned that if I will just spend time being quiet, it allows God to speak to me. Maybe not in an audible voice but with thoughts and ideas that I would not have had any other way. I think it was a combination of that and just a new mindset I have now -because I have been watching shows like "Life Below Zero" and "The Boonies" where the people use what they have, that brought what I think it an awesome idea to my mind. But first lets go back to spring when I saw these beautiful trees at the park that I like to walk at. I loved the purples flowers and so I took a photo of it and posted it on Facebook - asking what the name of it was? 

Vitex (Chaste tree, Vitex Agnus Castus) also known as a Butterfly Bush is what I was told.
I really wanted to get some of these for my yard.

Fast-forward to just a week or so ago- as I was walking, I noticed that the beautiful purple flowers were gone and as I walked by I reached out and I touched where the flower had been and to my surprise some seeds ended up in my hand! What a surprise! As I walked I got the great idea to get myself some seeds and plant some and start growing some Butterfly Bushes for my yard! 

So the next week-end to our surprise we had a 4 day week end with our sweet granddaughter and so this is what we did one of the days. She planted some seeds. We would have planted more but this was all of the containers I had to fit this tray. She planted one in the sand pail as well. 

So this was an unexpected resource in order to get a butterfly bush for my yard. It was exciting to think of a way to be resourceful and to not just run out and buy stuff. It is a way to live- to see how you can make do with what you have or at least come up with it without always going to the store. Be watching for a few more posts about this idea. It is a good way to save money. 

Ok - so here is the part where you too can get some seeds. If you would be interested in some seeds - just leave a comment to let me know or you may send me an email at - talia72288@gmail.com to give me your address so I can mail some seeds to you. I will gladly send you some seeds as well! :O) 


2 comments:

  1. So that's the name of the tree. We have two in front of the garden. Those suckers are hearty, I wanted to take one down, cut it to stump, chopped at it, even burned it only for that sucker to get even thicker rofl..I gave up, they BOTH are still standing rofl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol - when we want something to grow or be hardy they struggle but if we don't want it- boy are they hardy! Lol

      Delete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“The Central Issue: Love or Selfishness?” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN...

Sorry I missed posting last week. Here is the 2nd lesson in this series. I am hoping it blesses you! :O)