Monday, August 2, 2010

In Memory of my Uncle Perry

When I was 11 years old my parents got a divorce. We had lived in Pecos Texas and along with my Mom and sister - I moved to Oklahoma City. What a big transition that was. When we first moved there - we were staying with my grandparents. When the time came for the final hearing for the divorce - my sister and I stayed with my Aunt and Uncle and cousins. My Mom and her parents made the long trip back to Pecos.

During our stay, my sister, my cousin Beverly and I had a lot of fun. But one day - we must have gotten tired of each other because I got my feelings hurt thinking that they were being mean to me - I can't remember anything at all- I just had my feelings hurt. So I decided to go to my grandparents house. Now please remember I am in OK. City. And I will have to walk several miles from my uncle's house to my Grandparent's house. So I started walking. After a while, I noticed that there was a man walking on the other side of the busy street. He kept looking at me. I would stop and he would stop - then when I began to go - he would go as well. After a while - I began to get scared. I still had a long ways to go before I got to my grandparents house- and as far as I knew NO one was home and I really did not even know when my Mom and Grandparents would be back. I would probably have to sit on their porch for hours waiting for someone to get home.

I got to a cross street that I stopped at - I looked across the road and there he stood. Still looking at me - smiling at me. I looked down the cross street. Down that road - lived a couple that my cousin had babysat for - I did not know if I would know for sure which house they lived in - but for a moment I thought that maybe it would be a smart idea to try to find their house. So I stood there debating - do I continue to go straight 0r do I turn? If I turn then maybe I would be in greater danger - being off the main road. As I stood there - all of a sudden a motorcycle drove up and there was my Uncle Perry. He told me to get on the back of the motorcycle and scolded me- telling me it was not very smart of me to be walking across town. I don't remember for sure what he said because I was SO thankful that he had come to get me. After I was safely on the motorcycle - I looked across the street - the guy was NO where to be seen.

My Uncle Perry had not been home when I left and I still to this day feel that this was a miracle that he came to get me. He was used of God to come and get me and to keep me from ...who knows what...

I am so thankful that he was able to hear of this story and how much it meant to me that he had come to get me and protected me.

Today he was found dead. He will be greatly missed.

3 comments:

  1. Ouch...I am so sorry to hear of your loss! What a good memory...knowing that he rescued you from something that could have been much worse then getting your feelings hurt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am sorry to hear of your loss but you will have wonderful memories to hold in your heart...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys. It was just shocking how fast it happened.
    Thanks again,
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision