Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday Evening Up Date

Well as you can see it will be another hot week. We have a funeral to go to this coming week end and we sure were wishing that the weather would be a little cooler but it looks like it will be quite warm. Well we are going to have to do some traveling to get to where the Memorial will be so maybe it will be a bit cooler there. I am NOT holding my breath though... because the way I know our weather - it will be hot.

Ok - I know that this post will be a bit of a ramble but I have a pet peeve I wanted to share with you all. Here it is: I do not like the way that I order a magazine - Many of them do this- but today I got a renewal letter from MaryJanes Farm magazine - well I just started ordering it in Feb/March of this year. And already I am getting letters - this was the 2nd one - trying to get me to renew - ALREADY..? I understand a lot of people procrastinate but it really bothers me when they send out the reminders a couple months after you get your subscription. So I will give you a little pointer - on a calender that you use or like me in a notebook that I write down my bills for each month - be sure to write a note on the month that you order/or renew your subscription. That way you will know WHEN you need to renew. Otherwise, I wonder if they don't just change the date - and you lose several months. Even if they don't try to take some months away - it is best just to know when - so you don't have to put that money out until it is TIME to do it.

Ok - since I complained - I will also add a Praise Report. We were able to get our AC fixed this week-end. It ended up being our coil was clogged up. So they had to take if apart and take it outside and clean it out. So our AC is working better. We are SO thankful. A working AC is important to have here in Texas - when it is SO hot outside.

Well I hope everyone has had a great Monday. Mine has been extra busy am I am looking forward to getting to bed at a decent time. To be truthful with you all - I have not been doing very good on my getting to bed at a decent time. I am really going to try to work on it this week. Especially since I went to bed late last night and got up super early this am.

I have a quick question - if you all would rather not answer this question that is fine but I think it would be cool for us to keep up with gas prices around the US - Here in Texas it has been about $2.59 lately. Tomorrow I have an appointment - if it is different - I will post again about what the price is. So what is the price in the state you live in? Thanks :O)

3 comments:

  1. Arco- regular is $3.10 and next grade about 3.14..Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa! Hey--I was actually in TEXAS yesterday for around one hour! From 6:30-7:30 p.m. we were at DFW airport, transfering from one plane to another. Wish I could have seen you, but I DID wave to you from the window of the plane!!! You saw me, right??? When we landed at DFW they told us on the plane that it was 100 degrees--at 6:30 at night! Then when we were loading on the next plane, they said it was 87 degrees in Nashville, so not a whole lot cooler! CA was perfect weather, but we can't all live there! By the way, gas prices in Northern California are $3.14. Gas prices in Chattanooga around $2.49.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan~
    When I was reading about you being in DFW - I thought - man - she was so close. Glad ya'll had a great visit in California!
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories