Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Half Way Mark of the Week

This morning when I went out to let my chickens out and to get them fresh water - it was SO cool, like probably 75 degrees. It was so nice. I decided right then that I needed to get our yard mowed. It had been SO hot for so long so we had put it off for a while. So I got the yard mowed. Then I got the weed eater out and weed eated the front yard and by that time the battery died. Let me tell you this - it was so refreshing to have the cool breeze blowing. And it is so nice to have the yard mowed and looking nice.

I am so excited to tell you that there are NO triple digit temps in the forecast for at least the next 7 days!! And the lows are so much cooler than we have had in ages. Oh todays high - offically only 80 - it has not been that "cool" since mid May.

I also vacuumed my floors very well and then steam cleaned the carpet. We have light blue carpet and it was looking pretty bad. I had been waiting until we got our remodeling done around here but decided that I would much rather just get the job done and be able to enjoy our house now. So now the carpets look so much nicer. And it feels good to have accomplish most of the things on my list.

What I did not get a chance to finish I will just put on my list for tomorrow. :O)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you that you're having cooler temps! I know what a huge difference it can make. We're so much cooler here this week and I'm getting much more accomplished around here lately than during the hot, humid times. Enjoy your cooler days! Blessings, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    It is 77 here. Yea. We are keeping our eye on Earl.:) Too far out to know where he is going.
    I have been thinking about you.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision