As you all know - we went to my Uncle Perry's Memorial Service this week-end. It was probably one of the best ones I've been to in a long time. I know that might sound weird, so I will explain. My heart goes out to his 5 kids and all of his grandchildren and great grandchildren. But what I loved about this service was the personal touches that were given to it. Several of the children had written out special tributes to their Dad. The ones that did not write it out told stories of their Dad. And they opened up the mic for anyone who had memories of Perry to share. And there were a lot of different people that shared special memories they had with him.Monday, August 16, 2010
Special Memories Shared
As you all know - we went to my Uncle Perry's Memorial Service this week-end. It was probably one of the best ones I've been to in a long time. I know that might sound weird, so I will explain. My heart goes out to his 5 kids and all of his grandchildren and great grandchildren. But what I loved about this service was the personal touches that were given to it. Several of the children had written out special tributes to their Dad. The ones that did not write it out told stories of their Dad. And they opened up the mic for anyone who had memories of Perry to share. And there were a lot of different people that shared special memories they had with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Psalms 23 series Part 1
I found a really nice series on Psalms 23 and I am planning to share it here with you. I am hoping that this series blesses you. :O) Click ...
-
Just thought I would take a little bit of time today to share a few things with you all. Kind of a this and that kind of post. First ...
-
It just happens that I have noticed a theme for this week. And that it to be kind. Be kind to those you come in contact with. Yo...
-
Ok - So yesterday I explained how I was driving home at midnight. It is very unusual that I am out after dark - and certainly VERY rare t...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)