Monday, August 16, 2010

Special Memories Shared

As you all know - we went to my Uncle Perry's Memorial Service this week-end. It was probably one of the best ones I've been to in a long time. I know that might sound weird, so I will explain. My heart goes out to his 5 kids and all of his grandchildren and great grandchildren. But what I loved about this service was the personal touches that were given to it. Several of the children had written out special tributes to their Dad. The ones that did not write it out told stories of their Dad. And they opened up the mic for anyone who had memories of Perry to share. And there were a lot of different people that shared special memories they had with him.
Three of his siblings who were there at the Memorial Service told special stories about him. My Mom shared how amazing that this tough teenage brother of hers at age 17 bought her a girls bike. This was a special memory for her, since up until that point she had only had boys bikes- probably hand me down bikes from her 3 older brothers.

I loved how the Pastor led out in the service in a special way. Not shoving religion down any ones throats. Don't get me wrong - I love the Lord and I want everyone to accept Jesus into their hearts but I also am old enough to realize that many people will only put up walls when others are trying to push their religion onto them. So there was no talk about Perry being a saint - No she said - God is the judge of that and we will let him do his job. She also was able to share that even though he did not go to church, he did have a relationship with Jesus and that he had accepted Him into his heart and that he would want everyone there to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories