Monday, August 30, 2010

Grace for You and Me

As I have been journeying through life, I have discovered that I am not lower than other people or higher than other people - we are all on the same level ground. But there is an area in which we are all at different levels and that is in our walks with God. I think too often we expect everyone to be at the same place we are and that is just unrealistic. The lessons that God is working on teaching me may not be the same ones that he is working on teaching you. We are all unique in our walk with God.

Sometimes this idea is hard for me. I was raised as a teachers child. And as you probably can understand - teacher's children are expected to be very, very good. So I learned at an early age that I needed to be perfect - oh I could not have expressed it in that way then, but now I know that is what it was because that is what I expect out of myself now- perfection (like that is ever going to happen - hahaha..:O).) Anyway because I was expected to be perfect then I learned to expect that from myself and also others. And as I know that I can not expect perfection out of myself or others - it is hard sometimes not to do it. I am trying to learn to have more Grace with myself and with others.

God is working with us all - in the exact areas of our lives that we need the work done. He knows what is best for us and if we will just turn our lives and our will over to Him - what wonderful things He can do in our lives.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. May God bless and keep you in His perfect will - this is my wish for me and for you. :O)

2 comments:

  1. Great Post Lisa. I have to remind myself of this daily.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very true..Lisa! I sure wouldn't want to live with a lot of "me's" Lol!What's so great is that we can learn from each other. Thank you for the reminder..

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories