Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Project I am Working On

I just wanted to share a project that I have been working on this past week.

Several months ago at a my monthly Block of the Month meeting, the showed a cool wall hanging. And since our living room is decorated in light house things - I decided that this was something that I needed to do for our house. I really would like to have some of what I make to be able to be used around the house. So I bought the fabric above. It sat and waited for me to decide it was time to make it.

This week, I decided that I needed to spend more time on some of my quilting projects. Since it is SO hot outside we really need to have some cool things to do inside to look forward to. I took some photos of the first couple of strips to show a step by step but they came out really fuzzy. So I will go with what I have.

Here is one of the strips of the fabric that was sewn together.

Then I sewed it onto what I had done to that point.

Each row gets a little closer to being done with the project!

Here is the finished product. Well finished to the point of needing to sew a border around it.

This evening I plan on working on cutting out the boarder and and sewing it on. And I would also like to get it all quilted and also at least get the binding cut out - if not sewn on. I will see how far I get. It will be cool to get this project finished. We have moved a clock that was on the wall in the living room and so now I need to decide do I want to put this wall hanging in that space or more things around to put it some where else.

I hope you all have a great day!! :O)

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision