Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Importance of Your Legacy

Lately I have been thinking a lot about the importance of leaving a legacy and the importance of what kind you leave.

As you all know, my Uncle Perry passed away a little over a week ago. It made the whole thing a lot easier for me - being able to share this story of what he had done for me. Then today a lady from my church said that she was writing something for our church newsletter about him, that "he had a burden to help those in need the best way he knew how." You would have to understand that he was a very poor man himself. He lived in a small shed that had been renovated enough to have a small living area, bathroom and bedroom. So with all this information - it really helps you understand that even though he did not have much he did his best to look out after those around him that had needs that he could fulfill. What a blessing that is to know.

So I have been thinking about the importance of living your life in a way that affects those around you in a good way. Taking the focus off of yourself and doing for others. By reading the Bible, we are able to learn that the way Jesus ministered to others was by taking care of their needs. Then he was able to win their hearts - once he had taken care of their needs.

The more I think of this, the more I realize that the choices that we make and the things we do and say really are important - not only for now but also in forming the Legacy that we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories