Sunday, August 29, 2010

Our Week-end Getaway

This week-end I was able to add another photo of a county courthouse. We went to Granbury Texas for the week-end. It is such a neat little town. They had Pirate Invasion going on - so had a lot of Pirate activities going on. We had not planned our trip with that in mind- we planned the trip then later found out that it would be the same week end. Here is the Hood County Courthouse:
There are a lot of really neat shops around the town square. At one of them my husband found this:
It fits him perfectly a lot of the time! So I had to get a photo. That way just in case some of you ladies out there have a husband that might also be suffering from the Fishing Pox! That's cool - now I am adding Public Service announcements to my blog. lol :O)
Speaking of fishing, my husband fished here several times while we were in Granbury.

There was a group of 7 little ducks that were hanging around that area of the lake. They were so sweet. So when we went out to eat - when we had left over biscuits or rolls - I saved them and took them to the ducks. They loved it!

This pier above was a pier that went around a special area of the lake that has been made into a swimming area. They have a sandy beach and huts. It is so cool! I think every town needs something like this. I took this photo from the pier. Wanted to give you an idea of what it looked like without invading any ones privacy.
Remember I said that it was Pirate Invasion Week end? Well we were able to watch a really funny act by these pirates! It was a lot of fun to watch them.


In the skit an apple and a cantaloupe where cut into two pieces.
They got a lady out of the audience to help them out. It was funny here because when the guy put his arm behind him that guy looking at his the other pirates hand - went to kiss it.
While we were there, we went to the Brazos Drive-In Movies Theater. It was a fun experience for us.

As you can see we got to see "Nanny McPhee Returns" and "Despicable Me." They were both cute movies. We stayed up way too late - the movies did not get over till after midnight.

I took this photo out the window of the car. We had a great view. It did not start till it got dark so we had to wait about 15 minutes or so.

Well I hope that you all enjoyed our trip to Granbury as much as we did. We also got to do some antique shopping. We found a couple of really cool things. I will see if I can get some great photos of them and post them later. Even though we did not get a lot - it was so fun to get to look around.

I should be back to regular posting now. I just needed a few days off I guess. :O)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a very nice time..i really enjoy hearing about your excursions in Texas...I've not ever been there but at least I get to visit through your pictures.. (:

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision