Monday, August 16, 2010

A Look at our COLD front

I got so excited last week when the weather people were talking about a cold front coming into the area! Now this only meant that the highs would be in the upper 90's but still we were all excited thinking that at least it would be out of the triple digits. Well today it got up to at least 102.8 on our temperature gauge and here is what the rest of the week looks like:

Does this look like a cold front? No! And it looks like we will be moving up the record charts for the most triple digit weather in a row. Last week we were at like #10 but they said that over the week end we would be moving up. Well now it looks like at least 7 more days, and there is no guarantee that this will be the end of it.

Today we lost a chicken due to how hot it is. I will have to do better to get out there and run some water down the "creek bed." We are down to 20 chickens now. I really hate to lose my chickens. I cried. They are a part of our family. We have raised them since they were tiny babies - we doctored them through that sickness that took 3 of our baby chicks when they were only a couple months old. Anyway I will be more diligent to take better care of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking