Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Love is a collection of everything good

Hello Everyone~ I hope you all have had a good day. My day has been pretty long but it has been pretty good. My sister's husband had surgery on his foot this morning so I went and sat with her. It was so nice to get to sit and visit. She works full time so we don't get very much time to visit but we are best friends just the same!


After I ran some errands - I had a little extra time so I stopped by one of my favorite Goodwill stores. I found a few treasures! A couple of years ago I bought a Bible - that you put into a 3 ring binder - it is really big - with really big margins - so you can write notes. Anyway the binder that I had it in was really too small. I found one twice as big today for $1.00!


I found a really cute figurine that plays the song - "Love Makes The World Go Around" from Heart Tugs - exclusively for The San Fransisco Music Box Co. I thought $3.00 was a great price for it.



I think this just might be the perfect place to put it!! I am so excited because I loved it but did not know where I would put it. And I am SO glad that I got it - cause I really like it here!!
I also found these 2 cute candle holders.


On the bottom of them it says, "Renaissance by Lefton made in Japan. They each have a number on the bottom of them. I paid $2.00 each. I think they are adorable.


Today my husband requested home made pizza. So I made us pizzas for supper. I was so disappointed in myself because I have been doing such a good job at keeping a good amount of cheese in the freezer. I find a good deal and I would get a little extra here and there. Well apparently I have not been doing very good at rotating the cheese and using the older stuff first. I found like 5 things of 2 cup shredded cheese packages that I had to throw out. Man...I know better than that. I have been working on getting more organized lately and I have been doing pretty good in a lot of the other areas. So the reason I am sharing is - be sure you are rotating any extras that you keep on hand - it is NO fun to throw stuff out.

I thought I would also share a photo of our sweet granddaughter!
I am tired today. I will have to get to bed at a decent time. :O)

2 comments:

  1. I found a years supply of notebook paper in Goodwill the other day! A great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a Bible that you can keep in a binder and have room for notes in the margin! I have never seen nor heard of such a thing! Wish it was more popular and that I would see them around at MY thrift stores! :)
    Love your little treasures you found--isn't it neat when Jesus brings us little gifts like that?

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories