Thursday, August 19, 2010

Journeying to the Promise Land


This morning as I was reading about the Children of Israel and their journey to the Promise Land - it hit me - we too are on a journey to the Promise Land! God wants so badly to take us there but in our complaining and our grumblings we end up having to take the "scenic" route through the wilderness. I am so glad that God is so patient with us. What other lessons are there for us to learn from the Children of Israel?

As I have been studying about the children of Israel and their journey to the Promise land, I discovered that God was also trying to teach them to TOTALLY depend on Him. That was very interesting to me because I have felt that He has been trying to teach me this very same lesson.

God brought them out of Egypt and took care of their needs and protected them. When they ended up having to wander around the wilderness for 40 years, God continued to take care of them - he led them, he fed them, and he fought for them. If you want to read more about what he did for them - read Deuteronomy 8:1-10.


He can and will do the same for us today. :O)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    Great Post. Sometimes I think I wonder around in the desert too long. If only I would do it God's way things would be so much better.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I left a little something for you on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision