Thursday, April 1, 2010

Stress of Remodeling


I hope you all will bare with me as I let off a little steam. OK this week-end my husband and I were going to go away on a little mini vacation. Yesterday I just had a bad feeling about us going on this week end trip and so we cancelled - no big deal. My husbands job required him to go out of town quite a bit for a while and he accumulated a lot of points. So we were going to "pay" for the trip with the points. We did not lose the points because we cancelled in time. Anyway so with the trip being cancelled my husband decided that since he had already taken Friday off that it would be a great time to redo the bathroom. Something that he had been researching and looking up prices for the stuff for the last several months. But this was a job that we WERE going to tackle on a week vacation coming up in a couple of weeks or so. Anyway so he got home from work today before I got home and he started pulling stuff out and taking stuff apart. Things from the bathroom are in my sons room, our sewing room, the garage and the toilet is on the back porch. I am trying to look at the bright side- While the toilet is sitting pretty on the back porch I will give it a good cleaning.
So anyway - where is the steam you might be asking - well here it is: While my house is not super neat and tidy - I do like some order to things. And it would have been so much nicer had he allowed me to go in and neatly take stuff out and pack what we could do without for the next couple of days and take just the few things needed during the next few days to the other bathroom. Anyway I will get caught up and have it half way decent soon but I just don't like a big fat mess. I guess the truth is that since I am a visual learner I am a bit worried that we may not know what we are doing.
See when I was about 11 years old my sister and I wanted to do something nice for our Mother. Our parents had just gotten separated. Anyway so we decided to wax the car. Sounds like a really nice thing to do - doesn't it? Well we thought so. So we got the wax on the car and something happened and we had to leave for a little bit and did not get the wax off. Well come to find out this wax needed to be rubbed off pretty soon after being put on or it would never come off. So we ended up messing up the cars paint job. Well my Mom was not happy about it at all and yelled at us. It is funny because when I said something about it recently - she could not even remember it. Anyway ever since then I am a little gun shy about starting projects unless I KNOW what I am doing. So that is why I am a little stressed at this job. Plus the fact that it makes such a big mess when you do any type of remodeling in your home. I have faith that it will be well worth it once it is done but right now - I am not too thrilled about it.
Thanks so much for letting me blow off some steam. I am sure that my husband has heard enough of my thoughts about the matter so far and I needed to get a little more off of my chest.
Oh and I did not get a photo of it before he started - because like I said I was gone. But I will see if I can get a photo and post it when it is all done. We have a small bathroom - just a shower, toilet, and sink. So I don't know how good of a photo I can get.
*Edited* Photo added of our remodeling job. I could not get back any further so you could see the rest of it. But there is not much that is not showing. The end - of course, is where the shower is. Then the toilet is on the right and the vanity/sink is on the right - right inside the door. There is a window across from the sink. I love having a window in my bathroom and will share more about that in a later post.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lisa--My prayers will be with you! When we were in the Keene house, we remodeled our ONLY bathroom! The end was definately worth it, but it was SO hard to live through!!!! We did a small remodel in the Northcrest house, but not as major and we had two bathrooms anyway--that one was just pulling off old wallpaper and painting, mirror, sink. But I DO understand how stressful a "pull the shower out" type of remodel can be--it will be good in the end, but I completely understand your stress at this point!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“The Central Issue: Love or Selfishness?” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN...

Sorry I missed posting last week. Here is the 2nd lesson in this series. I am hoping it blesses you! :O)