Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Self Acceptance Part 2

Part of self acceptance is realizing where your value comes from. See when we look to the wrong things or people for our value we will always be let down, maybe not at first but eventually we will be. The trouble with looking to other people for our value is that these people may have warped values themselves. I learned this the hard way. The person I had admired and wanted to please to get my value, placed a lot of value in Education and weight issues. And you see I was never going to be good enough to really please this person. Now don't get me wrong this person really did not come out and tell me any of these values but I could tell by listening to what she said. She would be so impressed with so and so because they had this degree or their masters. It made the person more valuable in her eyes. So the messages did not always come verbally but I got the message.

One day not too long ago after I had hung up the phone after a conversation with this person, I was feeling really low. So I began to write a letter to this person. No- the letter was never sent to her, but it did me a lot of good. While I was writing this letter the Holy Spirit really helped me figure out what I had been doing wrong. You see I had placed this person on the throne. I had looked to them for my value and it was the WRONG place to be looking for my value. I needed to take that person off of the throne and allow God to be on the throne in my life. I needed to look to God for my value. God is not a respecter of persons. Your education, your looks, your weight, your money... none of these things impress Him. He loved each of us so much that He sent his Son, Jesus to die on the cross for us. He values us so very much. For He looks on the inside and He sees what he created us to be. This realization helped me tremendously. My value comes from God. I am valuable because I am a child of God and He loves me unconditionally. I don't have to be good enough. And that is so nice to know because I have struggled my whole life with trying to be good enough.

4 comments:

  1. This post is inspiring to me. I have issues I am dealing with...and to know God loves me the way I am encourages me to continue "getting better". Thanks for being a little vulnerable and sharing. Someday I may be safe enough to share my story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marci~ Thanks for the comment. I am hoping that as I go along my journey and share some of what I am going through that maybe it can helps others as well.
    God Loves You So Much - don't forget!
    Lisa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thank you Lisa! You are so right--we need to get our value from God. You know, when you think about it, Jesus did not even graduate from 8th grade. Yet He had the best education--from the Holy Spirit and the Bible. I am being so blessed from reading your blog--you are really the one who inspired ME to try blogging--so that maybe I could be a blessing to others as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories