Friday, March 26, 2010

Actions speak louder than words

Today a friend posted the following as her status on Facebook.

"Your going to come across people in your life who will say all the right words at all the right times. But in the end, it's always their actions you should judge them by. It's actions, not words, that matter." Nicholas Sparks

It got me thinking how very true this is. I know a lot of people that do a lot of talking but the way they act just don't line up with what they say. Then as I was listening to a sermon on the radio they asked if our actions showed that we were Christians or not. I had to admit that in recent weeks I had realized how angry I was acting. Normally under the surface, but sometimes it showed up in ways like getting very upset with the way other people drive or when I am shopping and people were rude. And I realized that I had not been acting like a Christian. This past couple of weeks as I have been studying my Bible more and spending more time with God. I have actually felt a little bit of a change. Reacting positively in situations when I would have normally been upset. And it hit me - with Jesus in my heart - I am able to allow Jesus to love others through me. Oh don't get me wrong please... I am SO far from where I want to be. I still react in a negative way to things I shouldn't. But there has been just enough of a change that it gives me hope. Hope that I can become more and more like Jesus. Oh and if all of these "coincidences" weren't enough - I saw a church sign that said something like "Be a window that others can see Jesus through." God has so many different ways to speak to us. He uses so many different ways, if we will just pay attention. It is so neat when I figure out that I actually got the lesson that He was trying to teach me. I am sure there are many times that He has tried to speak to me and I was too busy. But I don't want to be to busy any more. I want my actions to speak that I am a child of God. I hold onto to this promise: "being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ" Philippians 1:6

"All the beautiful sentiments in the world weigh less than a single lovely action."

James Russell Lowell

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughts, Lisa. Thank you for sharing. It really makes me think about my own life as well. I am very much blessed by your blog, and look forward to seeing what new things you have written each time I turn on my computer. :D Happy Sabbath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan~ Well as you already know I am really not a great writer. I just knew that I needed to get somethings worked out and this just seemed to be the way to do it. But it has been a true blessing because it really has me taking more time to think of what is important. Thanks for your comment!
    :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)