Saturday, March 20, 2010

Putting my BOM block together

I just wanted to show you step by step how my Block of the Month block came together. These photos were taken from my cell phone so the colors are really a lot brighter. My cell phone photos just don't do the block justice. If you look down a few postings you will see another photo of the block.


The first photo you sew 4 triangles on the outside of the center square. Then you add another 4 triangles to the square to take you to the next step.




Then there are 4 more pieces of fabric to add to the square that you had from the last stage.

At this point I ended up making a mistake and had to unsew(another word for seam rip pieces apart) 4 pieces of fabric off of the block. I had thought that the next 4 color blocks went on the bigger edges of the block - but what I was really suppose to do was sew the green pieces onto the smaller ends of the quilt block.


And here is the finished product. In quilting - if you will break your project down into smaller sections it is easier to see what you are doing and what it will take to put the block together. Next month, I plan to start at the very beginning and show you how I get my kit and all of the steps that I have left out from this post on putting my BOM block together. I hope that this has been enjoyable to you. :o)

Sorry - I just don't quite understand how to put the photos on here and the writing and have things stay where I want it to be in the final posting of it. Hope you can still understand what I am talking about.



1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories