Monday, March 29, 2010

Parkinson's

Last week my brother-in-law was diagnosed with Diabetes. And I hate to admit that part of me was kind of jealous. You may be wondering why I would be jealous, well I would have much rather my husband be diagnosed with Diabetes than with Parkinson's. See with Diabetes you can control it with diet and exercise. There is hope- that if you make changes and take good care of yourself that you will not have complications. But with Parkinson's? Well truthfully we do not know a whole lot about it. But we do know that it is not like diet and exercise can keep it under control. I have looked it up on the Internet and read all I can to see what all I can learn about it but it is a little discouraging to say the least. Yes- there are medicine that they can give for certain symptoms but it gets complicated because like one of the medicine. they can not start giving it to you too early or it can cause problems for your body. And then with it hitting my husband as early as it did - does that mean that he will really have to suffer with a more severe form of it than what we have seen in our family. I shared before that my husband's Granny and his step-dad both had Parkinson's but it did not hit until they were much older and so it did not get really bad. So anyway now you understand why I had been a little jealous. I don't wish anything bad on anyone. But I sure don't want my husband to have to suffer. In about 2 weeks we will be going to a "Parkinson's Disease Patient and Caregiver Symposium." I am hoping that we hear some positive information. At least a little bit.
I wish I knew someone that had a loved one that was diagnosed with Parkinson's at an early age and maybe they would know things that we need to know and be willing to share. If you are this person - please feel free to contact me - I would love to hear from you. I am hoping that there is some sort of support group that I can get involved in. But I am sure that God will bring that into my life when it is really needed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lisa--I would feel the very same way if I was you. You both remain in prayers. I will pray that you will be led to the information and support group that you need.

    Remember 2 Cor. 12:9--My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

27: The Facts About Fats - Part 2