Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Beautiful Tuesday Here In Texas

Hello and welcome! When we first moved to our house about 10 years ago, there was no landscaping done at all. There were a few bushes along the front of the house, but that was about it. We did not have money or time to be doing very much the first part of living here and so we are slowly doing things around to make our place look nicer and to make it more enjoyable for us. You know that is really what counts- making our home and yard a nice place to be.
See these two planters on our front porch? Well we found them at Lowes for only $16.97. They are nice concrete ones too! I was so excited when I saw the price. I have seen the nice concrete ones before and really like them but they were way too expensive.
Since we have moved in my husband and sons made me the flower bed along the front of the house. We have planted the rose bushes. We are so happy that they seem to be thriving. As you can tell we will need to be trimming those bushes soon. The one on the right - was not there when we moved in. We planted it to even out that area. With the one bush on the left looked weird. Also we planted the Bartlett pear tree and made that flower bed as well. One flower from last year seems to be coming back in that flower bed. The plant to the left. Last night I planted the rest of the flowers there.

Here is our new weed eater. It is a Black and Decker "Grass Hog." I really like it. It is cordless. And it came with two batteries. It is super easy to start and handle. This morning I got out in the back yard and did a lot of weed eating. Well I wish I had have taken more advice from a couple of the writers of some blogs that I really like. And taken it is smaller time periods instead of just going and going. Once I got done my left arm was weak and shaky and it was hard to pick up a glass of tea and get it to my mouth. I asked my husband if this was normal and he told me when I weed eat I might want to switch sides ever so often as well. He also told me to get something to eat, because I had told him I was feeling a little bit sick as well. So I have and I feel better. Not 100% yet but I guess it was just a lesson I needed to learn. I tend to be that way..just push myself harder than I should sometimes.


This birdbath is in our back yard - directly out our back door and off of the porch a bit. This was a Mother's day present for me one year. I love birds and had wanted a nice birdbath for a long time. Oh and yesterday evening I planted the flowers around here too. They are not blooming yet but they are suppose to be purple and white. Oh and it was funny but one of the flowers from last year seemed to have made it through to this year as well. It is on the left.
When we moved to this house this area right off the back porch had thick, luscious grass. But we got two dogs and they cleared ALL the grass out of that area. It is slowly coming back. Oh we no longer have dogs. Just cats, chickens and fish.




These are a couple of the trees that we cut the limbs and all off the tree to about 4 - 5 feet up. We are hoping that they will continue to grow and give more and more shade out there. I am thinking of getting a bench or some chairs to put out there. When all the leaves come out on those trees it is a great spot - during the summer heat.
Ok - I better get the laundry moving right along. And a few other jobs around here that I need to. I am hoping to be able to spend a little bit of time on the back porch reading this afternoon. Then when my husband gets home - we are going to get working on getting the places for our vegetables ready so we can get our plants planted. Ya'll have a good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)