Friday, March 26, 2010

New Books

Last night my husband and I went to Lowes to look at some stuff to redo our bathroom. I got a little side tracked at their books, while he talked to one of the managers about some business we needed to get taken care of. Anyway I found 2 fantastic books. Normally I do not buy books new. I really like to get my books from thrift stores or used from Amazon or Ebay. But I just loved the way these two books were laid out. I am a visual learner and so I really am attracted to lots of great photos and a lay out that has basic info with the photos.

Here is a photo of the table of contents. I am hoping that you are able to click on it to enlarge it to see it. As you know I am very new to Blogging so I may not have done it in the right way for you to be able to do that. If not hopefully you can check out the book on the Internet. "Birds in your Backyard...A Bird Lover's Guide to Creating a Garden Sanctuary" It is a Readers Digest book.
Anyway the photos are gorgeous throughout the books. And they show step by step how to make really cool bird houses, feeders and birdbaths.

To the right is one of the photos from the book. I love this idea and am hoping that my husband will make me one for our back yard. I think it will be a great addition to our yard.
The other books that is in the Photo "Texas Gardeners' Resource... All you need to know to plan, plant, and maintain a Texas Garden" this book is by Dale Groom and Dan Gill. This book has 383 pages with lots of cool information dealing with everything from grasses, trees, bushes, flowers and vegetable gardening as well. I am sure you can find a lot of info about this book on the Internet as well.
Well I better get on with my day. It promises to be a busy one. But the weather will be nice ..so that is great. I hope you all have a wonderful day!



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this little "birdhouse tree" that you showed a photo of! I would love to have one for my yard as well--it really looks like a fun book. :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking