Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Enjoying Roots


Although the weather person talked like it would be overcast and dreary today - it has turned out to be a very nice day- with sunshine. It does look like there is still a chance for some thunderstorms and rain to come our way.. so we are not out of the woods yet.

Earlier I was talking to my husband on the phone. As we talked I looked out our glass back door at our chickens. They were really enjoying their part of the yard. I told him how happy I was that we had decided to fence off part of the yard so that they would have such a good sized area. And my husband said yeah and if we were to sell the house then it would make a great area for dogs. I asked him why we would be moving and he said - oh if we won the lottery. Well first of all, we'd have to buy a lottery ticket in order to actually win the lottery but that is besides the point. Anyway I told him that even if we were to win the lottery that I would not want to move. I would like to have a few things done around here like - pave our driveway, put a carport or a freestanding garage up, enclose our back porch to make a sun room and landscaping, but I did not want to move. He said he'd at least like to get a little cabin by the lake, I said that would be fine.

As you can tell I really like roots. As a child, my family and I moved around so much. And it was very hard on me. I am so thankful that my husband understands my need for roots.

We are having Roast with carrots and potatoes for supper along with home made rolls. We are also having some home made macaroni and cheese because my oldest son and his family will be joining us for supper and that is what he requested. I can't wait to see our granddaughter. Ya'll have a good rest of the day!
*Photo above is a view out my back door. You can not see a good portion of the chicken yard that is from the house to the chicken coop. There are a lot of trees there and they love to lay in the dirt and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories