Friday, March 12, 2010

Progress, Not Perfection...That is the goal.

Hello my name is Lisa and I am a recovering Perfectionist. Oh but please do not get me wrong...I am not perfect in any area - nor have I ever been. Although I have always(as long as I can remember) felt like I had to be perfect. And boy does that put a lot of pressure on a person. I always felt like somehow if I worked hard enough I could be perfect. But recently I learned, "Doing my best is as near perfection as I ever need to get."(From the book "Hunger for Healing" page 189) And this feels really good.
In the same way, I used to think that I could be good enough to be saved. I just had to work hard enough at it. I thought I had to be good enough for God to love me and accept me. But the truth is that God loves us so very much - with an unconditional kind of love. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16 And I am reminded of the verse, "But God demonstrates His own love towards us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8. I am so thankful that God loves us so much and with an unconditional love. He loves me even though I struggle with unhealthy thinking. And he is guiding me to become more and more like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories