Thursday, March 25, 2010

Enjoying the Journey

As I have shared before, I have been enjoying blogs for the last several years. Other people's blogs that is. I just did not think that I had anything to write about or anything of interest to anyone. Then a couple of weeks ago, I decided I need to start a blog - not for anyone else but for me. For me to write out my journey and maybe it can help someone along the way. What is so cool about it is that as I have been blogging, I have discovered that it makes me think on deeper levels. It has also encouraged me to spend a lot more time studying my Bible. You know I need to understand what I believe in order to share what I believe. And one of the best things that I think it has done for me is to help me realize that I have a right to have opinions. That's right- isn't that weird to be 40 years old and just now figure that out. I guess I have spent many years being a people pleaser. And when you are a people pleaser you tend to keep your mouth shut to keep peace. Now don't get me wrong - I am not one of those - in your face type of a person. But I love the fact that I can have opinions and if I want to share those opinions, even if they are different from your opinions that is OK. We all have our own opinions and sometimes we will agree and sometimes we wont - and that is also OK. I really am enjoying this journey to the me that God intended me to be, and I like having an avenue in which to get there.




1 comment:

  1. Lisa--
    I finally had a chance to read every one of your blog posts this afternoon, and I have been greatly blessed! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts in this blog. Even though we do not live close to each other any more, we can still be close in hearts. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking