Sunday, March 28, 2010

Busy Day


Ok - I only have a few minutes right now. It has been a very busy day, but we have gotten a whole lot of things done. We were able to get our yard mowed, second time of the season already. We got a lot of yucky limbs cut from four trees in our yard. The trees look so much better now. We will have to keep up with doing that so that they will continue to grow upwards and not just out. Then we were able to get a flower bed weeded and cleaned out and a rose bush planted where one had died last year. We got my 4 "Garden Boxes" (putting quotations there because they are the actual ones) moved to where we wanted them. We went and got some wonderful dirt out of some garden boxes that we had in the area that we fenced in for the chickens. Let me tell you those chickens love the garden boxes. So we are just going to take what ever dirt we need out of there and leave that area for them. We also got a lot of weed eating done around the yard. Oh I love our new weed eater. It is a Black and Decker "Grass Hog" It is light weight and easy to start and use. It is wonderful.
Then we went to Lowes and Home Depot to get plants and some stuff we needed. Then my husband built me a 2 X 4 foot garden box for us to plant our tomato plants in. I think he is going to make me another box later this week. We have not had time to get anything planted. The day ended before we had a chance to do that. Anyway our yard looks so much better. There is more work to be done but we will continue to work on the things throughout the week.

Above is a photo of my chickens enjoying the garden box after Jason took some dirt out of it.

2 comments:

  1. Our chickens like the dirt too...whether it is hunkering down in it when it is hot, or finding bugs to gobble when they are hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marci~ Don't you just love to watch them play around in the dirt?! I really do! It is very enjoyable and relaxing to watch them.
    Have a great day!
    Lisa :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)