Saturday, March 27, 2010

At just the right speed...

Blogging is a funny thing. I think, "Oh, I know what I want to write about today." And I start in that direction and then it's like I get writers block and just have to walk away from the computer for a while. Meanwhile, What I really want to write about or really what I need to write about comes through my mind. And it seems like that idea is so clear. So here is what I really needed to write about today.

This morning, I heard an explanation that I really needed to hear. You know sometimes I feel really discouraged that I am not growing and changing into the person that I want to be as fast as I would like. Well it was pointed out to me that with a tree - you can cut them down and you can look at the rings to learn about their growth. Some years there is a lot of rain and sunshine and the tree experiences a lot of growth. Then other years are dry and the tree just gets by and has just a little growth. I have had years like both of those examples. Some years I feel like I am moving forward, making some progress. But other years I feel like I am not making any progress at all. What is so neat about it is that God knows exactly what we can handle and he does not give us more than we can handle. And even in those rough time periods when we don't feel much growth - they are happening for a reason. God works everything out for his purposes. And if I will just focus on Him and turn my life and my will over to Him, then I can be more relaxed at the pace I am going. Knowing that I am not going to slow or to fast...I am growing at just the right speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking