Friday, April 30, 2010

Goodies and BOM info

Today I was able to make a stop at one of my local Goodwill stores and I found a treasure. Well that is what the back of this nice candy dish(?) above says. It says "Treasure Craft" and the number of the item. I love the squirrel and the flowers along the edge of it. The outside of this looks like it is made from a tree - like it looks like bark but it is actually ceramic or pottery. I love things that have detail to them like this piece does. I sure wish I knew more about it. Like when it was made. I have looked on the Internet and the company made things as far back as like 1940's I believe. I thought that was cool. I am hoping to be able to find out more about this. If any of you guys out there know anything about it - let me know. Oh and it was $1.00. So to me this was a great deal!
Oh looky what I got in the mail. I could not believe it! I ordered these DVDs on Sunday. I ordered them directly from the Homestead Blessing website and I got them Thursday! I thought that was awfully quick shipping. I can't wait to be able to enjoy them. And I can't wait till their next DVD comes out - "The Art of Quilting."

Speaking of quilting. This morning was my monthly Block of the Month meeting. Well I told ya'll last time that I would share more about how the block of the month program works - at least at the quilt shop that I enjoy going to each month.(well more often than once a month - but that is how often the BOM is) Anyway, this is the way that I get my BOM packet.

Here is the directions of how to cut the fabric out and sew the pieces together. And here are the pieces of fabric.

And here is what the block will look like when it is finished. I think it is a very pretty block. I will try to take a few photos while I am cutting out the pieces and sewing this block together.
Oh and the next time I go to the quilt store, I am going to try to take my camera so that I can take some photos for you all so you can see our cool quilt shop. It is great. Only problem with it is that the owner - although she is a super nice lady is more into civil war fabrics and 30's than with flowery, feminine fabrics. But she does try to have a good selection of stuff. But the good news is that there are quite a few quilt shops within about a 30 mile area around our house so we do have different shops we can go to. But I enjoy this shop the most because the people there are great. Got to support our local shop!
I hope you all have a wonderful evening!




2 comments:

  1. The block is a very pretty one, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors in the fabrics! I miss BOM! The quilt store in Chattanooga has one going, but I went for a couple months but it was NOT the same as at Country Stitches!!!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa! O.K., I know, it was ME who moved away. But I still miss Country Stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Susan~ I miss you being able to come to BOM also. That is one reason I thought I would take my camera and take some photos of the shop so you could at least visit it through the photos.
    Have a Great week end!
    Lisa :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

27: The Facts About Fats - Part 2