Monday, April 26, 2010

One Day at a Time


Well this morning while I was working, I had the chance to just do some thinking and it dawned on me that I need to stop worrying about the future. Let me tell you ever since my husband was diagnosed with Parkinson's, I have spent too much time thinking about what the future may hold, worrying about if I can handle it. And let me tell you- if I did not have a vivid enough of an imagination when it comes to the what ifs- all you have to do is look at Michael J. Fox or look up Parkinson's on your search bar on the Internet to get an idea of what the future could hold. And it is very depressing. It is hard to imagine my husband losing his ability to do the things he loves to do - riding his motorcycle, fishing, building things...just to name a few. Will I be healthy enough and capable of taking care of him when he really gets in bad shape? These are just a few of the things that I have been worrying about. I also realized that I have been being a lot less patient than I need to be. I have been getting frustrated when there are miscommunication and getting upset instead of just asking the question in a different way. And I guess part of me is just angry and taking it out on him. He does not deserve it at all. He has enough to deal with. So I am praying that God can come into my heart and help me to be more like him, to have patience and love and to let this anger go.

And I want to do my best to live in the present. I want to be able to trust that God will give me the strength and courage that I need now and in the future.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matthew 6:34

God knew long ago that we would struggle with worrying and he left us a special message in His letter to us - the Bible. Today's troubles are sufficient for today. Isn't that the truth?!.

I don't know what God has in mind and I don't need to try to look into the future to see or imagine what is going to happen. I have enough to worry about now. I want to be able to enjoy my life. And I am going to try to live by a very powerful tool- to take - ONE DAY AT A TIME. And when I find myself worrying about things that I can do nothing about to remember to trust God.

Here is another one of my very favorite Bible promises:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6


I hope that if you have things you are worried about that you will allow Jesus to help you. He loves you and he will take care of you.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these Bible verses! I certainally understand your worry--anyone would be feeling the same way that you are. I guess that's why Jesus gave us so many Bible verses telling us NOT to worry--to leave our troubles on HIS shoulders. Something I am not the best at doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    I am with you. Dave and I have to take it One Day At A Time too. We never know when he is going to take a turn for the worst.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys! It really is the best way to live your life no matter what you are dealing with. So glad I am not alone.
    Lisa :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking