Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Finding Treasures

Today I had a good list of errands I wanted to get done. So I headed off. I decided to stop at Goodwill first. As I got closer to the parking lot, I noticed that it was more full than usual and then it hit me- it is half price day! Now let me tell you up until the past 6 months to a year, you would NOT have found me at Goodwill on half price day. I really do not like a situation that makes a store really crowded and all. I have come along way since then. I still don't like it when the parking lot is totally full but I at least make an attempt now.

Anyway I decided to see if I could find a parking spot and if so I would stay. Well sure enough I found a spot to park. And I was even able to get a basket. I shopped around - found a couple of shirts I like(did not even try them on- too busy back there at the dressing rooms.) Then I found this great lead Crystal piece - not positive of what it is suppose to be used for(if any of you know- please let me know), but I LOVED the hearts all the way around it so for $1.00 - it was a great find!!

Then I found a true treasure! Lately I have been drawn to older furniture. It was just made so much better a long time ago. And the details are great!





I found a drop side table I think is what you would call it. This is it sitting behind my car. It was quite heavy but I was determined to get it and get it then.


Here it is after I cleaned it up. And put it where I want it. I have always thought that this space at the end of my bed needed something but there is not a lot of room there - so what ever was to go there needed to be small. Well this fits perfectly. My husband said that I will get hurt in the middle of the night going to the bathroom but I am determined enough to have it there that I can use a flashlight if need be. Now hopefully when he comes to bed(since there are times he stays up later than I do) he will not get hurt.



Here is a photo of it opened up all the way. It is so cute. I am so happy with it. Oh and I forgot to tell you what a great deal I got. Well it was marked $15.00, so I paid $7.50!! I probably would have paid the $15.00 for it, I love it so much!! Now to figure out what to put on it that will look nice but that my cats won't hurt.


And look what I got in the mail today! This will be fun to look through and see if there are any projects I just have to do. But of course, I will need to finish the other projects I have going.

Oh - I also wanted to share something. Last month on half price day, I ended up at a different Goodwill in my area. As I was looking through the ladies tops - I over heard a lady talking about a piece of furniture. And so I looked at it. Once she walked away I went over to it. I loved it. But was trying to think of what I would do with it. Just a little while later she came over to where I was and looked at something else. We began to talk. She was measuring something to see if it would fit into her efficiency apartment. As we are talking I ask her - the furniture is also half price - right? She asked a worker that was nearby and he said yes. Well she said the other piece she was looking at would not work but if I did not want this desk - to let her know because she would. Well I told her she could have it. It was hard to do but I knew it was the right things to do. She saw it first and she had really wanted it but just did not have the money to pay the full price. I left Goodwill that day without buying anything at all. Part of me was sad because I did not get this unique piece of furniture but part of me was glad that this lady got something that would work good in her small apartment. I am so thankful that God blessed her last month and I am so thankful that He blessed me this month with a very special piece of furniture. God loves us and delights in doing things for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“The Central Issue: Love or Selfishness?” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN...

Sorry I missed posting last week. Here is the 2nd lesson in this series. I am hoping it blesses you! :O)