Thursday, April 22, 2010

Parkinson's Clinical Trial?..

As I have shared in the past, my husband was diagnosed with Parkinson's about 6 months ago. A couple of weeks ago we attended a Parkinson's Symposium. At this symposium we heard the results of a few clinical trials going on. And while one of them showed some improvement, there was a group of people who did not improve with what ever they were giving and really never did get to as good of a place as the others in the group. I tell you all of this to help you understand why when today my husband told me that a Dr. from the large hospital nearby had called him and asked him if he wanted to be involved in the Parkinson's Diseases Clinical Trial - that I cried.
My husband then explained to me that he had prayed about it and had prayed that if he was to participate in it that they would call him and if not that they would not. We knew that they had been interested in him and we knew that they had the info- they got it from him while we were at the symposium. Oh and by the way he will go into the Dr office to get some info from the Dr tomorrow morning. I know that God is in control and that I need to trust Him. But it is still hard for me, fear makes me wonder- what if he is one of the ones that doesn't improve and he is worse off for being a part of the study. My husband also told me that one of the reasons why he wants to be a part of this study is because if he can help someone out he wants to. And he did not want our two sons to have to go through this. I am still soaking this in. It is such a good thing that I am learning so many tools - let go let God and One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking