Friday, April 23, 2010

Pink and Brown/Blue and Yellow

Above is a photo of a Pink and Brown Quilt. Several years ago I made these blocks in my Block of the Month program that I am in. I love these blocks. Well my Mother said how very much she liked the blocks. So I thought that I would be nice and so for Christmas a couple of years ago - I gave her the set of blocks. Well she went and got all the fabric and decided how she wanted to put the quilt together. Once the quilt was done she looked around her room and decided that it would be too much trouble to paint a blue book case so she decided she wanted a Blue and yellow set of blocks I had. So she gave me this quilt back. And I nicely gave her the blue and yellow blocks. Well I had bought several fabrics that I wanted to use with the blue and yellow quilt and I gave those to her as well. And she put that quilt together. I will see if I have a photo of that quilt and post it below.


Here is a close up of one of the block - I believe this 12 inch block has just over 70's pieces in it. Wow!


Although this is not how I had envisioned this quilt when it was finished, it is a pretty quilt. The only problem is that when my Mother was quilting the quilt some how the needle tore a section of it. And I just don't know if I will be able to fix it. She used some kind of a glue on the spot to keep it from raveling. I am thinking I am going to take it to my Quilt Shop and see what the ladies there suggest I do to fix the quilt.



Here is a photo of the blue and yellow quilt. The fabric that she used that I really liked is the sashing squares and a border. I know in this photo you can't really see the fabric very well but trust me it was gorgeous - a floral print. Anyway as far as I know she is actually using this quilt. Oh and by the way I talked her into going to the Block of the Month herself so that she can get her own blocks, make her own blocks and then make quilts using her blocks. :o)


I hope you have enjoyed the quilts.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    I love the pink quilt. You did a wonderful job. How is your dh? I will continue to remeber him in my prayers.
    Hugs and Love,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink and brown one is beautiful. My 2 favorite colors. You do such wonderful work.

    I'm going to have to get you to make me one some day.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking