Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Weather, Skirts, and Shoes?

This year Texas has actually had all 4 seasons. Normally that is not the case as a lot of you may already know. The past couple of weeks have been really nice. Today the weather is just gorgeous - Highs in the upper 60's and tonight it will actually get to the 40's. That is SO unusual for Texas, but I LOVE it. The windows have been open and the breeze blowing through feels so good.

I wanted to share a blessing with you all today. Normally I buy my clothes at Thrift stores or Goodwill. There are great brands for very reasonable prices. I love shopping at them. Ever so often I go to Cato's or other like store and shop off of the clearance racks. Well a couple of weeks ago I found a fantastic brown skirt at Cato's for $5.99! I have a nice black one and I had been looking for a brown one for a while. Anyway while I was at the store I looked around to see if I could find a shirt to match. Well I had a little extra money so I thought I will find a shirt here and with the savings on the skirt it will be OK. Well I finally found a shirt for $19.99 and I thought well that is high but I may not find a shirt to match the skirt if I don't buy them together. When I got home I tried the shirt on and it was OK - not like the perfect shirt. Well I thought about it and a couple of days later I thought you know what - I can go to GW or my thrift store and buys several shirts for that. And I just could not believe that I paid that much for the shirt in the first place. So I took it back. Well about a week later I was at one of my thrift stores and found a really cute shirt that had small roses on it and I just loved the shirt enough I bought it without even trying it on. I got it home and I loved the shirt but it was a tad bit too short(because I am self conscience about my stomach). Well I hung it up and went about my day. Later that day I was taking care of something else and when I looked up - I noticed that I had hung the "new" shirt up in front of the brown skirt. And they looked great together!! Yay! God had answered my prayer for a shirt to match the skirt -without me even realizing it. Then today I was pulling out my summer clothes and I found a gorgeous turquoise/brown/black top - like a leopard print. I knew I had it but had forgotten all about it. In fact, that was the shirt that had caused me to go on a hunt for a brown skirt. But I had totally forgotten about it since I pack up my summer stuff during the winter. So I have 2 great shirts to go with the skirt. I love to have a couple of great tops to wear with skirts. That way you have a couple of different outfits using the one skirt.

Over the past year or two I have become more modest. I have never been immodest but I have just come to the point that I only like to wear long shorts - like to my knees or Capri's. And my skirts are always go down between my knees and my ankles. Those are the things that I feel the most modest in. God has blessed me with helping me to find some great deals. I am considering wearing more dresses - oh and when I say dresses I mean like skirts and tops. That is about all I wear any more. It is funny cause up until about 2 years ago - I only wore dresses - and would not wear skirts - I thought that they made you look fat. Well it seems that the style of dresses that I like have stopped being made - well maybe I need to say that I have not been able to find them at the places that I shop. So I tried skirts and I love them. So anyway I have been considering wearing more skirts. My problem has been that I need shoes that have arch supports because I have problems with my feet. So that has been something that has held me back in the past. I am looking into buying myself a pair of Keds. I used to buy the cheap ones from WalMart many years ago - but they have no support and that is one reason why I have feet problems in the first place. Wearing the cheap shoes and standing on concrete for long hours. So I need to go to the store and see if the Keds have arch support and if they would work for my idea. If any of you ladies out there know if they are good shoes - could you leave me a comment and let me know? Thanks a bunch. I am also going to look for a pair of sandals or two for this summer. In the past I have worn tennis shoes most of the summer - just to have good supportive shoes but I really need to have a pair of sandals or two in order to be able to be cool. It gets hot here. So that is something else I am on the outlook for. Anyway have any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. I have compared brands, and know that Keds are a sturdy built shoe, but are heavier then others. Have you looked at Sketchers?
    I too have been wearing dresses mostly...but part of the reason is that it is warm where we live. Your weather will hit us tomorrow...only 10 degrees warmer. Whatever you experience always comes our way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marci~ Thanks so much for the info. I have looked up the skechers on the internet and I really like the look of the women's sassies and sassie butterfly patch. I need to see what store in my area sell these so I can go try them on.
    Lisa :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)