Thursday, April 15, 2010

Onion Pie

1 T. oil
2 carrots, cut thinly on diagonal
4 onions, sliced on diagonal
2 - 3 green onions, chopped
1/2 water
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 white or wheat flour
unhulled sesame seeds, optional

Saute vegetables in oil. Add salt, flour, and water. Cover. Cook 5 minutes, stirring often. You will make a pie crust or use a bought one - your choice. Put the veggie mixture from above into the pie crust and cover with the other half. Be sure and cut several incisions to allow steam to escape. Bake at 350* for about 45 minutes.

This recipe was from "Eat For Strength" cookbook. This is very good. I love this pie. It makes a great meal. I hope you all enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)