Monday, April 5, 2010

A Simple Guide to Planning A Dinner Menu


1. Choose the main dish first.
2. Select a starchy food-- potato, noodles, spaghetti, rice, etc.
3. Select a vegetable and/or salad.
4. Think about bread or rolls.
5. Decide on dessert.
6. Consider the extras, such as beverages, adding an appetizer, and making a special garnish.

If your main dish is a meal-in-one, all you need is a lovely salad ( a green one is delicious), a tempting bread, dessert, (if you like), and a beverage.

Taken from "American Home All-Purpose Cookbook" copyright 1966 page 24








A couple of weeks ago, I found this awesome cookbook at Goodwill and only had to pay $2.00 for it. It has a hardcover and has over 500 pages in it. Lots of cool charts and basic tips for cooking.

Today will be a busy day for me so I will probably not have a lot of time to spend on the computer. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“The Central Issue: Love or Selfishness?” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN...

Sorry I missed posting last week. Here is the 2nd lesson in this series. I am hoping it blesses you! :O)