Friday, April 16, 2010

Wisdom to know it's ME


Today as I was shopping at Goodwill, I noticed this written on the inside cover of a Bible. Wow- so much wisdom in this little statement. The serenity prayer changed up just a bit and it really has a great message.
I think way too often we think we need to change everyone around us. Trust me..I know. This is something that I have had to realize was a character defect and that I needed to only worry about changing me. And what was and is really cool about it is that the more I work on changing me - it also changes people around me. See God wants us to focus on us and to listen to the small, still voice that leads us to do what is God's will for our lives. And too often we allow worrying about what those around us are doing. I think it is one of Satan's tools to distract us from dealing with our own short comings. It is so much easier to see where other people fall short, much harder to see it in ourselves. But if we will listen to that small, still voice we will discover things about ourselves that we never realized before. Once we realize that we have some character defects and if we are willing to allow God to work in our lives - God can replace those character defects with assets. Isn't that great news?! But as long as we are in denial and only focusing on the defects of those around us, we can not grow.
So the above statement will be written and posted somewhere to remind me - that it is ME that I need to work on changing - no one else.

3 comments:

  1. Love that twist to a popular saying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    How neat. I too am working on me. I found my life so much simpler when I stopped trying to change everyone esle and work on me.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marci~ I really like this twist as well. Very good words to live by. :o)

    Elizabeth~ It really is easier. And when I find myself trying to change someone else - it seems to take away my peace. I hope you have a great week-end!
    Lisa :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“The Central Issue: Love or Selfishness?” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN...

Sorry I missed posting last week. Here is the 2nd lesson in this series. I am hoping it blesses you! :O)