Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thankful for the faith of a few good friends..

As you all know yesterday evening was pretty rough. I did not sleep very well. I got woke up by my cats a couple of times. And got a lot less sleep then I normally get. It even caused me to not wake up with the alarm and so I got my husband up about 25 minutes later than usual. Praise the Lord he was only a couple of minutes late to work. He does not like to be late. Today has been a better day - not all sunshine and roses but a lot better than last night.

This morning I got a special e-mail from a friend -Thanks Debra - that told me a some great sermons at Joyce Meyers - I think that is how you spell it. So before I got going for the day - I watched the first sermon on "Determination" It was very good. I will be spending a lot more time there watching sermons. It is a great resource- if anyone is interested and have a hard time finding the website just let me know and I will send you the link to it.

Then I was reminded of one of my favorite Bible verses. I posted it on Facebook.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Then a friend said she really likes to use these next verses with Proverbs 3:5-6.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

Then my good friend Susan posted this verse. Of course she added (woman) in there.
"Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!" Psalms 34:8

Last night I had posted on Facebook about having such a rough time and I asked for prayers. It is amazing what prayers can do. And especially when people gather together to pray. I know these people were not actually together but they were praying for the same thing - peace for me - and I am SO thankful.

Then another friend sent an e-mail and let me know that she hears what I am saying. That, too meant a lot.

I have decided to take these promises and copy them onto paper and place them around my house. So that periodically I can be reminded of those promises. Satan works so hard to take our peace, to place thought of despair and fear in to our minds. And we need to replace those thoughts with TRUTH - truth from God's word.

Again I want to thank you all for your support. I am so very thankful that I have such godly woman around me. That are willing to hold me up when I don't have the strength myself.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you listened to one of the determination messages! I hope you will be encouraged by her teachings as much as I have. I listen over and over to them so I can get them deep inside me, act on them and so I will never forget.

    If you'd like to 'friend me' at Facebook let me know in an email, ok? I love Facebook! :) Hugs, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you, Lisa! Glad to be able to help hold you up when the going is tough. That's what fellow Christians are for! And I have been truely blessed by your sharing your thoughts, struggles, promises on your blog. Jesus will never let you down. He will always provide what you need, when you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am truly thankful for great Christian friends to encourage me.
    Thanks,

    Lisa :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking