Sunday, March 30, 2014

Thankful for Breakthrough Meds

Just checking in for a few minutes. I now understand what they mean when they say that chemo is cumulative - it really is. When we left chemo on Friday - I actually felt nauseous. I have never before felt nauseous the day of chemo- which is not surprising since the dose of meds that they give me before we start chemo is suppose to be an anti-nausea med that is suppose to last 5 days. Of course when you have chemo meds- they are so powerful that you need an anti-nausea med that is t hat strong. And I am told to start taking my Zofran that evening. So that kind of helps you understand how powerful chemo drugs really are.

I did find out great news- and that is that yes - I could just swallow my Zofran pills with water like I would other pills. Sorry if I am repeating myself with any info tonight- I will blame it on chemo brain- if I do...lol. Zofran is a pill that you dissolve in your mouth- apparently it helps it work faster but my chemo nurse told me it only makes it work a few minutes faster cause once you swallow it - it will work in a couple of minutes. And let me tell you - the flavor - the cheap mint flavor it bad. Especially to someone who has just had chemo. SO VERY happy to be able to take it that way now. What is sad is that the stuff dissolves so fast - that sometimes I can still taste the mint - even swallowing it with water.

Anyway I don't think I have ever felt as nauseous hardly at all before Monday before on the other 4 rounds of chemo- and I have fought it this entire week end- starting Friday at 5pm - when we were leaving chemo. I am having to take the breakthrough meds- and it is helping a little but then it makes me tired. So I have to decide between- being tired or nauseous- anyway very thankful I have something to help. Just hope I can keep it balanced out so that I can keep the nausea under control at least half the time.

I am about to go to bed. I slept pretty late this morning- was very tired- especially having to take the breakthrough meds. But I am just gonna have to do what I have to do to get through this.

Thanks so much for the prayers- I really appreciate them. I really do  _ I need all the help I can get to get through this.

5 comments:

  1. Praying you feel stronger today, my friend.
    I am dragging, but managed to do a couple loads of laundry...last night Jeff had to do everything as I was as weak as a kitten....cumulative...They aren't kidding!
    God bless~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you soon start feeling stronger. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying God brings you relief. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa! Well, you wrote this a few days ago, so I'm hoping you are feeling a little better. I would probably choose tired over nausea any day, but it's such a personal decision. I'm glad you'll do what you can to be comfortable.
    Blessings to you always,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories