Sunday, March 16, 2014

Great and Small

Goodness- last week was a busy one for us, but today at 5pm- our son had to take our sweet granddaughter home. About one hour later -both my husband and I were already missing that little girl.

I had so dreaded having her this past week. I knew from experience that it would be a rough week. And I did not want her to see me miserable. I had prayed and asked God to please get me through and He certainly did. My husband was such a big help in working things out so that I would be able to get enough rest and not be over taxed through the week. My mother helped as well. And through it all Sweetpea was so very good. She entertained herself well and was pretty content.

After she left - I made supper and as I was making supper I felt joy and contentment. I realized that I was thankful to be feeling good enough to make a meal and clean up afterwards and it really brought me joy. I am becoming more thankful and grateful for all the blessings in my life both great and small. And it feels good.

I am so thankful to be feeling better. I have some aches and pains and the neuropathy in my hands and feet is no fun, but I know it could be SO much worse- and so I am grateful.

I hope you all are doing well. Have a great week. See ya soon. :O)

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel, Lisa.
    I think that one of the most important lessons that I am learning from this cancer journey, is how to appreciate the good things in life even more. And on my good days, I rejoice more than I have ever before in my life!
    It really does take the darkness to appreciate the light.
    Soon, the darkness will recede further away, and there will be more light each day, my friend!
    Blessings and love~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You shine in the darkness my friend, love you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

19: Go to the Ant