Friday, March 28, 2014

I made it through treatment #5

Thank you all for your prayers. Today I really needed them. I got through the first round of chemo the Taxol - and did fine. They started the Carbo- and about 5 minutes in - my heart started racing a bit - I felt flush, my face turned red and the area around the port got cold. The nurse I had who by the way was excellent said ok lets slow it down and see if that helps. And sure enough things called down and I was able to finish the bag out. I will just make sure I tell the Dr for next time- Which by the way is my LAST chemo treatment!!!! I can NOT wait. Can I make it through the next 6 weeks? I sure hope so. I have made it through the last 12 weeks - some days not so fun - but I have made it.



I have been going to chemo for 12 weeks now and it is so funny but I have never noticed this wall. But today I did - and I knew I had to get a photo of it. SO much truth in these three phrases. Oh and by the way - it says it is a quote by Albert Einstein.
Photo: I had thought I had posted this when I started my second chemo today. But when I got home and checked it had not done it. I am home and doing alright. Ended up having a bit of a reaction to the Carbo this time - had to slow it down for a while and then put it back and it seemed to do alright. Thankful it was a mild reaction. I am feeling a bit more nauseous than I usually do on this day- so a bit worried about that -since I have already had a Zofran since I have been home. Thinking I will have to take some breakthrough meds before bed tonight. Hoping that will help. Wanted to share this beautiful wall- and what it says. Oh and it says that this was a quote by Albert Einstein :o)
I am feeling a bit more nauseous then I usually do this - the day of chemo. And when I got home. I am thinking that I will take some of my break through meds before bed and hope to keep things under control. Also had some applesauce and crackers- it seems to help to have something on my tummy. But that gets old cause not a lot of stuff sounds good. But hey - we can see the finishing line from here and I am not about to give up.
 
Hoping you all are doing well. Have a great week end. I have two posts scheduled for tomorrow - I hope you enjoy them both. See you soon. Love to you and a BIG THANK YOU for the prayers. :O)

4 comments:

  1. Yes, you can , and will make it through the next six weeks my friend. God will get you through. Hope your nausea goes away. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your head up and your eyes on the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry you had more trouble this time. Will keep praying you through--almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blazing glory at the end of this tunnel, and it's in full view! Yes! You're almost there.... praying you through. {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking