Tuesday, March 4, 2014

C.R.E.A.T.I.O.N. and More

Just want to share a little of what I will be learning over the next 8 weeks at the Creation Health Seminar.

C- Choose the gifts given at Creation-
     Exercise your power of Choice and choose Life
R- Choose to Rest and enjoy "nature's sweet restorer"

E- Choose and Environment that you will flourish in

A- Choose Activity- for growth and strength

T- Choose to Trust in God and His wisdom given at Creation-
     a balance of the principles of C.R.E.A.T.I.O.N.

I- Choose to connect through Interpersonal Relationships

O- Choose to have an Outlook on life that reflects the Creator's love

N- Choose to eat God's bounty- enjoy the Nutrition of Eden


Last night we learned that the power of choice is located in the Frontal Lobe.

We learned that:
"The frontal lobe takes up to what person of the brain -
in dogs- 7%  - in chimps- 17%    in humans - 33-38% " 
 
I have a list of things that enhance the frontal lobe's functions.
 
1. Think positive thoughts.
2. Engage in physical and mental activities.
3. Enjoy a massage.
4. Get some sun.
5. Eat plenty of complex carbohydrates.
6. Listen to enjoyable music.
 
We also learned what the common effects of a compromised frontal lobe are:
 
  •    Impairment of moral principle
  •    Social impairment (loss of love for family)
  •    Lack of foresight
  •    Inability to do abstract reasoning
  •    Inability to interpret Proverbs 
  •    Diminished ability for mathematical understanding
  •    Loss of empathy
  •    Lack of restraint ( boasting, hostility, aggressiveness)
  •    Depression
What you eat, drink, hear, or see can either enhance or impair your frontal lobe - the choice is ours. There was so much more detail to everything, but this gives you a basic idea. It was very informative. I was glad I went. I am hoping that I am able to go to next Monday's meeting- it will be about rest. The good news is that I got a book last night so if I am not able to go - I at least have the chapter to read and a little booklet that the gave me last night. So I will not miss it all.
 
*****************
 
Today I was able to go to my Mom's and watch a cute movie called "Austenland" it was a really enjoyable movie. I ran some errands and went by Aldi's and bought some groceries. I came home and put them away and made supper- and ever since I have been tired and worn out - have also felt kind of depressed today. I don't really know why - I was leaving Aldi's and usually I am feeling positive when I leave there because I can get a decent amount of groceries for a decent amount of money. But today I started to feel emotional.

The only thing I can think of is that when I was leaving - I noticed a guy looking at me and it reminded me that sometimes I don't like to be out and about because I feel vulnerable. I feel like I am on show. I am not one that likes to attract attention and when I had hair I was able to come and go without quite as much attention- and now I feel like I am on show sometimes. It's something in the look that someone has on their face - I guess cause I don't pick it up all the time- just ever so often.
I am sure hoping I am not working on getting sick. I am watching my temperature- it has been a bit higher than it normally has been. I sure hope not - cause if I get a high temp - I would have to go to the ER and more than likely admitted to get iv antibiotics. That is the reason why people on chemo do not like to be around sick people. Our immune system is down and it is easy to get sick - and what is scary is that because our immune system is so low - lots of times the only thing that shows the sickness is the temp being high- because our body is too weak to show the other signs of sickness.
Anyway I had a nice warm bath and I am planning on going to bed early tonight- I am guessing not too long after I get this post done. I am that tired.
 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really neat seminar. Thank you for sharing your notes with us! I was just praying for you last night before I went to sleep. I hope you rested well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inability to interpret Proverbs?
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking what they mean by that is that your reasoning skills are damaged and so it makes it harder to understand the book of Proverbs. Probably used Proverbs because it would be more internationally known as an example. That is just what I think. :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories