Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Or.....Not (part 2)

Today we are continuing in our series from yesterday.
**************************************

We were so disappointed in not getting the new house. We really wanted to take the house off the market. I was tired, tired of having to be ready to show it a the drop of a hat. And then feeling rejected if it did not sell. But we had signed a years contract with the realty company and we still had several months to go. All along this journey to getting a bigger house(our house at the time was about 800 square foot and we were out growing it) we would have our real estate agent print out a listing of houses available that matched our criteria. As we looked through these house each time we noticed one house specifically. Only problem with it was that it was on a fairly busy road. We had really wanted to be off of a busy road since the house we were living in was like one street over from I35 and the noise from the highway was loud. We also had wanted the boys to be able to ride their bikes.

Well one day either the end of July or the very beginning of Aug of 2000, I was sitting on the front porch of our house. I had a note book and I was writing. A lady pulled in the driveway and she asked me if I was interested in buying the house. I looked at her weird and said, "No....I own the house." She said, "Oh good, my husband is looking for a house and he wants this house. Oh he will need to move in by the 3rd week of Aug." Oh my! After we talked for a while she left. We all jumped in the car and drove to that house that always came up on the list of houses. We had not seen the inside of it yet. We drove past and decided we need to call Larry and set up an apt. to see the house. Later that week we were able to go see it. When we walked into the front door - I could see out the sliding glass doors on the back of the house - into the back yard. There was space and it was wonderful. I looked above the door and noticed that the wallpaper had small pink and blue hearts on it and along the top were larger blue hearts. In my heart, I knew at that moment - this is the house for us. I looked into the living room and the people had furniture packed into it and you could hardly see the fire place for all of the furniture. I thought to my self - I don't think that my husband will go for this at all. Our house might have been small but the living room had plenty of space. We continued to look through the house. When we walked into the master bedroom - I noticed the double window off the back of the house and I loved it. I really like a good amount of windows in a house because I really like the light shining into the house. Anyway we left and talked about the house on the way home. Yes - we wanted it. We put in our bid for it and in time it was accepted and we got it! God is so good. We moved into our "new" house Aug. 24th of 2000. We were unloading the truck until like 10pm. It is a long story but the people were still moving out of the house and made it where we did not even get to start moving in until like about 2pm on Sunday afternoon. Jason was working full time and going to school and the next day he had to go to both so we had to get the truck unloaded and get the truck back.


When we got up the next morning - we knew that this was exactly where we were suppose to be. It was as if we had always lived here. God is so good. He lead us to exactly where we were suppose to be. We would not have been happy in the new house. But we are very happy to be here. We have space - about 3/4th of an acre - and it is plenty of room for us. We can have chickens. Were we live is quiet. And we can sit on our back porch and talk and the neighbors don't hear what we are saying. And believe me - at the other house - they would have heard every word. I praise God for leading us here - even though there was pain along the way.
Above is a photo of the house we got. It is the best photo I could find on my computer at this time. This is after my husband and boys made a really nice flower bed for me.

3 comments:

  1. That was quite a lesson on waiting and trusting the Lord...I am like you, hate to wait.
    Your house is really nice...Do you use the fireplace?
    It sounds like a good amount of outdoor space too...I bet your boys were relieved as well!
    Hope you are feeling good this week...It is the start of my 'good' time...into next week. Our daughter Sam from Indiana is visiting with her fiancé for 3 days...they go back the morning of chemo...I am excited to see them!
    Been busy refreshing the bedding in the spare room and getting the house ready...I find it is easier to do a bit each day instead of waiting until the last minute, and then pooping out!
    Blessings and love~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to hear encouraging stories like this- how God had a ram in the thicket for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that you got this house! I like to have quiet too. I hope you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories