Thursday, March 27, 2014

Part One of Our Date Day

So I told you all that my husband had worked a double and that way he was going to be off on Friday. Well since he was going to be off on Friday we decided to make it a date day. I had heard about Dallas Blooms- at the Arboretum and since it was only going to go through the first of April - we had planned to go there. Only problem was - it was going to cost quite a bit of money- and then the gas money and the time. And then I thought - I don't know if I have the energy to walk all of it and enjoy it to make it worth it. Plus we had wanted to go to the antique mall and had not had a chance to do that lately. And I knew for sure if we went by the antique mall - I would not be able to make it all the way through the Dallas Blooms. It was then that I remembered a Butterfly exhibit going on. So we decided to do that along with the antique mall. Going through the Antique mall- is great therapy to the soul. I love looking at all the stuff- even though half the time(or more) we don't get anything at all.

So once we were done - we went by Cracker Barrel for lunch. It was nice to sit and relax and have someone else wait on me and then clean up after me as well.

Then it was on to see the butterflies.

They had these awesome butterfly chairs, which we later found out were sold there for $250. each. No wonder they were locked down.

They had these awesome water fountains on either side of the entrance.  
 

 Since there are quite a few photos - I have decided to divide this post into several different posts. Today I will basically show some of the great scenery from this exhibit. Sorry that it seems I have made the photos a little smaller than I had meant to. I'll try to adjust them with the setting here at blogger.
 I was so proud of myself because I finally learned how to put the title of my blog on my photos- I wish I had have stopped and checked out the sizing of what I was doing the photos to- before I did them all. Oh well.

 You do still get a good idea of how pretty it was there. It seems to be such a calming place.
And I think it is awesome that they have the names of the plants and such labeled so if you see something you really like you are able to write down the name of it.

I love the sound of a waterfall. It is very relaxing.
 I thought it was cool that they had a waterfall - and an area where you could actually walk up under it. And feel the water splash and blow on you - when the wind blew.
This is a view to where you walk in at - across the way there - where the yellow thing was.
It as such a pretty day. We really enjoyed ourselves. Be sure to come back by tomorrow when I will have a post about some of the beautiful butterflies that we saw.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa... I don't think you did anything wrong with the photos, they would shrink automatically to match the size of your post column. We can click on the photos to see the full-size version, and they are all very beautiful. :-)

    I am glad you had a great time. {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been catching up with reading your posts. Life has been crazy here, and have not taken time to be here in blogville much....
    but you are never far away in thought.
    We do date nights...but you have date days! I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! Sounds like it was an enjoyable day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are beautiful! What a fun date idea to go to the butterflies. :). Once posts are in your posts, you can click on the photo. It will then give you size options. Happy Sabbath!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision