Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Spring Cleaning... One Day at a Time

Hello- How are you all doing? I am doing pretty good. This week has been full of me trying to get things done so that next week - when I don't have very much energy, I can take it easy and relax without guilt. I have even been doing some Spring cleaning and that has felt good.

I even got my husband on board with some spring cleaning. His side of the bed room- which is what you see first when you walk into the bedroom- was very cluttery (Truth be told my whole house is a bit cluttered. I am not a Better Homes and Gardens type of house keeper...lol.) Anyway his side of the room was worse than what I like. Well last week end he worked on his side of the room and it looks SO much nicer now. And that inspired me to work more on my side of the room. And my side looks nicer now. And I even benefited from it - I had needed some new shoe strings. I was going to buy a new pair but the place I normally buy my shoes from stopped carrying these shoes and right now is not a good time to get new shoes - especially if they are a little snug and have to be broke in. My feet are kind of numb so I could rub blisters and do damage without realizing how bad of shape they were in. Anyway while I was organizing I found an old pair of my shoes that had some replacement shoe strings, but the shoes were in bad shape- so I took the strings out and threw the shoes away. And now I don't have to buy new shoe strings. Problems solved.

Last week I worked on Jason's side of the bottom of the closet and today I worked on my side. It is so nice when I see the areas that I have worked in. And I can see the improvements. It is really nice.

At the last seminar meeting that I went to - I learned the importance of having plants in your home. They help with the oxygen level and some plants also help get rid of toxins that are in our homes. So last week - I bought several plants. I already had a plant in my living room and an aloe vera in my kitchen. So I bought a Gerber Daisy plant, African violet, and a golden pothos plant and put them throughout the house. I would like to get a plant or two more. One thing you have to be careful of - if you have pets - dogs and cats - is to get plants that are not poisonous for them. Some plants are deadly and some cause mild irritation  - so just be careful. Seeing the pretty plants around the house has been very nice as well.

I have just remembered that I never shared about what we did on our date day last week. I will try to work on that soon. So sorry - I will blame that on chemo brain - and pcs. Oh speaking of pcs- I have realized that I had forgotten an important lesson. I forgot to take this chemo - One Day At A Time! This is very important especially when we are faced with giant obstacles in our lives. God gives us what we need for each day and we can borrow a lot of trouble if we will just Him.

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage ,
and he shall strengthen thine heart:
 wait , I say, on the LORD.   
Psalms 27:14
 
This has been a theme verse for me this year. And it goes right along with taking things one day at a time. You don't have to face it all right now. Nope - just what is given to you to deal with today. And God knows what you are facing and He will give you the strength and courage to handle what ever He allows to come your way.
 

3 comments:

  1. You are a busy little bee. bzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you are doing things little bits at a time. I am not going through the health problems that you are--but it is still helping me to try and do a little Spring cleaning bit by bit. Today I cleaned one drawer in the kitchen. That's it--but it felt good and looks great! If I never start on anything because I don't have time, I will accomplish exactly that--nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the spring cleaning. Like you, I'm doing little bits of spring cleaning at a time. Then it isn't overwhelming. Take care and stay strong!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories