Saturday, March 1, 2014

What I found in the Dumpster...

Just wanted to check in for a bit and tell ya'll a cute little story of what I did on Friday.

The youth group from our church were going camping this week-end and my husband is the co-director of it - so I went with him this week-end. Well we went Thursday but ended up having a part of the toilet blow out and flooded the hallway of the rv - so I came home on Thursday to wash up the towels and such and then my husband fixed the problems and I went back out. Well on Friday I had a bag of trash to take to the dumpster. When I opened the lid and looked inside - the dumpster was mostly empty. There in the opposite corner was a raccoon, curled up asleep. I called my husband over and told him. He said to open the dumpster - maybe he could get out. He got up and he tried and tried, but could not get out. I felt sorry for the little guy. So I went to look for a long branch to put in the trashcan to help him get out. The creek bed behind out spot was dry so I went walking along it and found a good sized branch and took it to the dumpster. By the time I got back the raccoon was curled up back in the corner- he had given up. We stuck the branch into the dumpster and stood on the opposite side- the raccoon slowly made his way up the branch and jumped down on the other side- and then ran to the dry creek bed. Poor thing- who knows how long he had been stuck in there. You could tell he was weak and wore down. I was so thankful that I went to the trashcan when I did and that I looked inside and that I was able to help him get out.

I am home tonight - there is a good chance that some rough weather is going to roll in in the early am - there is even a chance of like sleet and ice- our temps at midnight will be the high and it will go down from there - and it could be below freezing by 3pm - depending on how quickly the system comes in. I just would not be able to get out in the cold, rainy, nasty weather - so it was better for me to come home. I am tired tonight and hoping to sleep better tonight than I did last night.

It was a beautiful day yesterday and today. A real blessing from God. I love to be out in nature - it was refreshing to my soul. I am glad I was able to go- even just for one night.

My animals were very happy to see me when I got home. I was happy to see them too.

Well I better close - just wanted to share my story with you all. Hope you all are having a good week end! :O)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to rescue the raccoon from the dumpster! Thankfully that story has such a happy ending :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm really glad you rescued the little guy! He must have been really glad to get out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you were able to go out for awhile, AND that you found the raccoon and were able to think of a way to rescue him. God knew where that little fellow was, and He sent YOU to save him!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories