Friday, February 28, 2014

The Importance of Praise

Just wanted to share a few quotes from a book that I had started reading and then lost track of - well I found it this week and here are some of the things that I had underlined from the portion of the book that I have read so far.

I can see that this book is one that I need to finish reading. I believe PRAISE to be very important. It has helped me refocus - from my problems back onto Jesus- where my focus needed to be.

"His Praise Goes On- Thanking God From a Full Heart" by Kay D. Rizzo is the book that these quotes come from- from pages 24-25.


"And there exists no more fragrant perfume to the Father than the aroma of praise watered with our tears, "They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Ps. 126:5, KJV"

"Praise and faith work hand in hand. God multiplies my faith when I praise Him. the more  praise, the greater I trust Him to help me. As a result the more I have cause to praise Him."

"A Christian philosopher once said, "When you need faith there are two steps to take: go to God’s Word, and begin praising Him. These two go together as naturally as hydrogen and oxygen together make water."

"Oswald Chambers, author of My Utmost for His Highest, wrote: "A saint's life is in the hands of God like a bow and arrow in the hands f an archer. God is aiming at something the saint cannot see, and He stretches and strains, and every now and again, the saint says_ 'I cannot take any more' Faith is not a pathetic sentiment, but robust vigorous confidence built on the fact that God is holy love.... Faith is the heroic effort of your life, you fling yourself in reckless confidence on God...If we take this view, life becomes one great romance, a glorious opportunity for seeing marvelous things all the time" pg. 93"

6 comments:

  1. We saw the northern lights last night. I'm still so full of praise! God is so magnificent!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scripture that says "God inhabits the praises of His people." (psalm 22:3)...I like to link that scripture to the one that says "In His presence is fullness of joy: (Psalm 16:11)...Together it is easy to see that in order to have full joy, we must enter into God's presence...and in order to be in God's presence we must praise Him.
    It is easy to praise God when we think about all the amazing things He has done...I can't help but praise Him when I see His creation...So awesome is our God!
    Hope you are doing well.
    Blessings and love~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need to praise God all of our days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa! I loved the part that said "Faith is not a pathetic sentiment." Faith is actually a lot of work, and takes daily dedication. So many people think that faith is a weakness, but nothing could be further than the truth I think.

    Sounds like an awesome book!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a delightful book. I've been reading "Living the Life of Radical Faith." It's been challenging me, too. Love the "Faith and Praise work hand in hand."

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first quote, about our praise being watered with tears as extra special to God, really stands out to me. To praise even in trial, trusting God to work all together for good before we see the results? Profound indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking