Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I'm Alive.. and Kicking

Sorry it has taken me so long to update. Mostly I have spent today on the couch watching recorded Price is Right shows. I think the reason I do this is because it does not take a whole lot of brain power to stay up with a story line- and I am also able to use my brain a bit to guess prices or what ever so it is entertaining to me as well.

Today has been a better day than yesterday was for sure. Yesterday - my husband ended up having some time off and so I thought that I would be able to handle a trip to Walmart to pick up some stuff that had been sitting on the list for a few days- well that ended up being a huge mistake for me. I was so hot while I was there - and did what I could to get the stuff we needed and left as soon as I could. When we got home - I took a hot bath and got my night gown on, even though it was like 1:30pm. And I crawled in bed and rested and slept - spent about 2 hours total in bed but only slept about half of that. When I got up I actually felt about as crappy if not worse then I did before I laid down. So I just sat in our recliner and rested/watched tv most of the afternoon. I took another hot bath before bed and went to bed at about 9pm. I slept better last night - of course I took a pain pill and a Tylenol pm before going to bed. I am having to drink a lot of water trying flush the chemo out of the system - and so that ends up meaning several different trips to the bathroom throughout the night. But the good news is that once I got back into bed - it did not take me hours to get back to sleep like it did the nights that I had the steroids. So I got a decent amount of sleep.

Today I have been able to get a few little jobs around here done- vacuumed emptied the dishwasher, and filled it up - having it going now and gathered the trash- trash day is tomorrow so I wanted the trash gathered so my husband could take it down when he got home. I also made Crockpot Peppersteak for supper- that is something that is fairly easy and so I did not have to be up working a lot in the kitchen.

Today I have dealt with the aches and pains that always come after chemo- and then the queasiness- it is like I have to eat smaller amounts of stuff off and on all day long -cause I get to where I feel like if I don't eat - I will be sick. So I have to either eat or drink something - but hardly anything sounds good to me. It is a pain- but I just don't want to deal with that sick feeling - it is NO fun. So I have to eat a banana or crackers or yogurt ever so often to keep it at bay. It is almost 8pm now and I am thinking I will take another hot bath - and then get myself ready for bed. Will probably have to take my pain pills before bed cause I am hurting. I have only taken a Tylenol during the day- trying to just use the pain pills when really needed.

Since today was a bit better than yesterday- I am hoping that tomorrow will be better than today. I did learn an important lesson yesterday - and that is that the Monday after Chemo- is a day at home for sure. It is a rough day for sure. Oh and here is some bad news- my granbaby's spring break starts the Monday after my next chemo- how is that for awful timing. We will be helping our son with her- I would sure like it to work out that it is a different week so that we can take her to the zoo and aquarium and fun stuff like that - instead of Grammie being sick and spending too much time on the couch/recliner. Anyway I am praying about that. There is nothing I can do about it. I really don't want her to see me feeling so crappy. It is no fun at all.

Anyway I wanted to thank you all for your prayers and your comments of encouragement. I really do appreciate them - even if I am not able to respond to each and every one of them. They do mean a lot to me and I continue to pray for each of you. I know that you all are going through tough situations as well and I know that God will continue to give each of us the strength and courage to get through each trial that comes our way. So thankful for a faithful Father. God bless :O)

5 comments:

  1. Wish I could take all of your pain away, keep holding on to the hem of His garment. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping you continue to feel better and better. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa, Thank you for the honest update on your health and how you are doing. I know I have not been communicating but I have been reading and praying for you!!! I have had several dear friends go through what you're going through, and I feel so bad about it. But I know God loves you through it all~ Our bodies are important vehichles through this life, but our real life is eternal in Christ! I pray you can focus on His love for you, and that this is a temporary struggle! I pray you come through this time of illness with health, restoration and victory! Live by Faith and not by sight~

    I really hope something good and fun comes of your time with your grandchild on her Spring break, and you all can enjoy it together~ I'll pray that works out!

    Much love and prayers and smiles to you Lisa! hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa, praying for your healing and for an uplifting of comfort and joy from the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What better way for Grandbaby to learn empathy and caring skills than from a family member that loves/needs her. She will grow.in relationship. Real life learning/memories is not how many times grammy took me to do this or that, but how much grammy LOVED me. I know you can do that from the couch. Let her know she is a special part of your health team. Direct craft activities, have a 'movie week' with her instead of outside activity week with her.
    Prayers always!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)