Sunday, February 23, 2014

It's How Much???

My husband found a really good deal on one of the older ipads - since they have come out with newer versions. Anyway - so on it he had put a e-mail account that we don't use very often but for some reason our health insurance e-mails was going to it. So I had tried last night to log into our account from the ipad and could figure out what the combo was. Today I tried from our computer and was able to get in. Then I began to look through everything - and I was blown over by the prices of my chemo and apts. I mean seriously blown over. I also found out that our deductible per person had gone up several hundred dollars... bummer. Anyway back to the cost $$$ of the chemo and such. After finding out how high it is - I am not surprised now to hear people saying that the reason why so many Dr send their patients to chemo is the $$$. And I begin to wonder if it was really necessary that I have chemo and if I am on the right path. Then I think of the way that God has provided for us so far - with some very kind people donating $ to us to help out with the cost and the encouragement that the godly people around me have generously given- one very special thing comes to mind instantly and that is the beautiful afghan that a special friend made me - I will try to post a photo of it later in the week- just too tired to get the camera to download the photo right now.

Anyway so when I got done looking at the $$ and then looking to see why in the world it was so expensive- I was discouraged and depressed. I would really explain it as emotional and sad. I don't like the extra expense that it is causing my family. I don't like having poison pumped into my body and then deal with the after effects - and then to have to put my husbands hard earned money - or money lovingly donated towards it is just not fun at all. And as I thought about why I was feeling so sad and emotional about it, I realized that some of my sadness is that thought of people that don't have good insurance- which then got me to thinking - if I had not had a decent insurance would my Dr have had the same idea as to my treatment? - I know - my thoughts were here and there. My heart goes out to people - when I go for my treatment - there are anywhere from at least 15-35 other people having treatments and that is just one of the week and one oncology place. Anyway - I am praising God that we have insurance, even though our deductible has gone up and even though our out of pocket is pretty high- it is so much better than what it could be so I am choosing to be thankful.

Sorry for kind of a bummer of a post tonight but I thought that it would help me sort out these thoughts to write it out- and a lot of times once you do that - you no longer are carrying those things. And I hope that this is what this will do for me today - that now that I have shared my feelings and thoughts that I will be able to lay down and have a good nights sleep. I have really had a good day. I have accomplished a decent amount of things. I wrote out a list of things I wanted to accomplish today and I got them done plus a few more things. My kitchen is even cleaned up. There have been a few times this past week that I went to bed with dishes in the sink - cause I was just too tired and did not feel like dealing with them. And then the next day I would work on them when I had energy. So I actually have the sink empty and cleaned out! I am so happy to come to the point of having energy to get things done. It feels good. :O)

6 comments:

  1. It's an encouragement to read about how you are choosing to be thankful. I'm happy to hear you got everything done on your list. I hope you continue to have good days with more energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your feelings on having to spend a lot of money on something that is not fun and even leaves you feeling crummy afterwards. One lesson a dear friend taught me--money is only a tool. It is only valuable in what good things it can purchase for someone. And it is the "good things" that are really valuable, not the money itself. Your body fighting off the cancer is a good thing--worth far more than a pile of dollars sitting in the bank. I know you already know this--just trying to encourage you that helping your body is worth it. God is providing, and he will continue to lead and guide you in the way He wants you to go--he has promised this! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be so easy to think about the cost. I would do the same thing! But remember, you are worth that, and much more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Lisa...When I found out how much one chemo cost...I went through all the same questions...But had to remember just like you, that this is a treatment to help ensure that there are no more undetected cancer cells forming inside my body...This enemy is sneaky, and it is only by the grace of God that we caught it in the first place...So it is necessary to do everything we can...and as you pointed out...God is providing the tools needed to do so.
    Thank the Lord for insurance...I keep saying that every time we get a statement in the mail!
    BTW: It is very important to get these feeling off your chest...That is what blogging is for...and praying too...especially praying :)
    Blessings and love~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so very much ladies! I really appreciate your kind comments and for allowing me to vent on things that really bother me. God bless each and everyone of you! Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless your faithful heart, love you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking