Monday, February 10, 2014

Me and My Big Mouth

Ok -so during the week end after my last chemo - after I took a shower - I applied some Neutrogena bath oil to my skin. While I was doing so I noticed on the inside of my elbows- towards my hands and towards my under arm were red and a little puffy. Well I thought that maybe it was a rash from chemo. So when I talked to my oncology nurse later in the week - I mentioned it to her. She said that the Dr would probably want me to take steroids the before chemo the next time to try to prevent an allergic reaction. Well after I thought about it - I realized what really probably happened.

I have had issues with dryness on my elbows since the hysterectomy. And I am guessing that the dryness had spread and then by putting the oil on it - it really stood out. Well I called and talked to the nurse about it and she said she would have to talk to Dr Street about it and get back with me.

This morning I got a call from the nurse- and guess what? Just what I figured - I will have to take steroids the day before, the day of and the day after chemo. Oh man.... did that make me feel down. She had said that when I took them that I probably would not like them cause it make it harder to sleep- well I am already having problems with sleeping. I do NOT need anything else to make it harder.

I had awaken this morning feeling happy and joyful. It is so much easier to feel that way on week 3 of the chemo cycle. I have to be honest - I do have times of feeling sorry for my self and having mini pity parties for myself. Especially during week 1. Week two gets a little easier and there is not as much of those down feelings- still have some but not as bad. So I was discourage to get this phone call and realize I would have to take the steroids -starting on Thursday.

After a while - I was thinking about it all again and I was reminded that God IS in control and that - maybe just maybe I needed to take the steroids - that without them maybe I would have a bad reaction and I do not want that to happen. So I am giving this to God and I am going to trust that He is in control. Later in the week I will go pick up my prescription and I will take my pills as directed- 2 a day on the day before, the day of and the day after chemo.

I hope you all are doing well. Our weather here is cold - and we actually have a chance of freezing rain/sleet tomorrow. I am praying that it is not bad cause I do not like my family to have to drive on that stuff. Ya'll try to stay warm.

3 comments:

  1. Will be praying about this dear, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just my opinion here:
    If you were experiencing a reaction from the nutrogena, or just dry skin~~~ chemo heightens an allergy response. So in reality, it was a good thing you told them about it even if it was not from the chemo..
    Always in my prayers~every day!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)