Monday, February 24, 2014

The Guardrail


 
Photo

I love this- it has been floating around Facebook lately and I just had to share - just in case some of you have not had the chance to see it yet. I really think it has a very good message. Many times the idea that people have of who God is - is that the commandments are confining and that God is just sitting up in heaven watching to zap anyone who break the commandments, but that is not the case. The Ten Commandments are commandments of Love. They are there in order to protect us. God wanted to protect us as much as He could from the results of sin and so He lovingly wrote those Ten Commandments with His very finger on stone- to show the permanency of them and because He cared enough to make it personal. When we step over the guard rails the natural consequence of sin then is the punishment of breaking the commandments. Our God is a God of love and I am so thankful for the guardrails that He set in place for our protection. Hope everyone is having a good day! :O)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! Its so funny, but I have a blog post coming on just this subject, but with a different view. I do think it's wonderful to have a 'fence' because without it, I'll be running all over the place. I wouldn't stay with the Lord.

    It really is caring that created the 10 Commandments, and the Golden Rule too. We are blessed with such clear guideposts to help us get to him.
    We are on the same wavelength today! And thank you for your visit, it was so nice to see you :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! Thanks for sharing it. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)